Skip to main content

Webtoon Favorite: Yumi's Cells

Hello there! It's been a while since my first post in this blog, I got busy with the online courses I have been taking so I kinda forgot that I have actually made a blog *ahahaha*. If I didn't explore my Instagram account today, I don't think I could ever write again on this blog because my memory really sucks ridiculously. So here I am, back on track again (will surely get lost again in the future XD) with a post dedicated to my most favorite webtoon, the Yumi's Cells


Yumi's Cells is an on-going webtoon created by Donggeun Lee. The webtoon is originally written in Korean but can also be read in English with the Webtoon English app. This is actually the first webtoon I have ever read which is why this is my favorite (I tend to attach a lot of emotional values with all of my firsts!). So far, the Yumi's Cells is now at its 276th episode in Korean while 274th in English. The Korean version updates every Tuesday and Friday while the English translated version updates every Wednesday and Saturday.

Story

As the title of this webtoon suggests, Yumi's cells is the story of Yumi and her cells (did I make some sense here? Ahaha). The story of this webtoon follows the daily life of the then 32-year old office worker, Yumi, and what her cells are doing inside her which what makes the story greatly interesting. Each of her cells has their own particular tasks to do (e.g shower cell, rational cell, emotional cell, love cell, the R-rated naughty cell, right and left hand cells, the villain of the cell town - hysterious cell and my favorite Hunger cell who has a tteokbokki stick on its head)  but all of them have the same goal to achieve - make Yumi stay happy.


So the story starts with Yumi liking her handsome colleague, Wook, who is younger than her.  Wook is popular in their office and thus she couldn't avoid competing with Rubi, who is also her colleague, to get Wook's attention. They do different ways and strategies to make some moves with Wook and so do their cells inside them. But much to Yumi's dismay, she found out that Wook is homosexual! How terrifying that could be for her...and her cells? However, Wook would want to introduce Yumi to his friend and there she met Woong, a game developer who captured Yumi's heart with a cute frog hoodie. Yup, a hoodie with a cute little frog on it is what it only takes to revive the long-lost love cell of Yumi. Their relationship is full of ups and downs but did not last till the end for a reason that I can't tell you exactly what because I don't want to be a major spoiler here haha. But Yumi currently finds love again with her officemate Babi. This webtoon is still updating so I can't conclude anything as of now.


The story did not bore me so far. I like how humorous the cells can be, the invented terminologies for some feelings that cannot be described in one word, and the love stories of Yumi. But I must say that I like the love story of Yumi and Woong best, I actually felt so sad when they broke up and keep commenting that maybe Woong was just joking on the chapter when Woong said he's breaking up with Yumi. But I was wrong, they really broke up *sigh*.

Art

I like the way how the characters are cutely drawn in this webtoon, it really suits its genre - a mixture of slice of life, comedy, and mostly romance. Most comics I have read have this "sharp" faces so seeing these characters in "round" or "chibi" faces is very refreshing. Due to the cuteness of the characters, I sometimes forget how old really are they in the story *laughs*.



The color palette contains mostly of the basic colors. I mean there are some webtoons that use "unicorn" or "nude" or "orange-y" or "watercolor" palettes but I mostly see basic colors and its variations in this webtoon. It's not that bad actually since it suits the story.


Ratings

I really enjoyed reading this webtoon so  I'm gonna rate it 9.2/10. I am actually that kind of person who is very thrifty in giving her "judgment points" so even though this is one of my favorite webtoons, 9.2 is the best I can give. 


So that concludes this post, I hope you enjoyed reading this as much as I enjoyed writing this. Thanks for reading and see you on my next post -- which I'm not really sure when *haha*.


P.S All photos used in this post are retrieved from the webtoon's official website which you can visit here

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Webtoon Favorite: My Top 4 Webtoon for May 2018

Reading webtoon has become my everyday habit. I started reading comics in webtoon just last year and up till now I can't just stop. The first comic that I have ever read in webtoon is unTouchable which is about a vampire girl and a boy with OCD, I got addicted after then and that is why I think I should write this post to recommend some of my favorite webtoons that I did really enjoy reading last month (and till now). Don't worry I won't spoil the stories that much because I know exactly how it feels to know something you're not yet supposed to know. Alright, let this listing get started! 1st: Super Secret Creator: eon Genre: Romance Summary: The boy next door, friends for life, is actually a werewolf! Status: Ongoing (updates every Wednesday) Rating: 9.83 First on my list is the  Super Secret , a very cute and refreshing love story between a clumsy human girl and a caring werewolf boy. The story is cute, the characters are cutely drawn too, everythin

App Review: Watching My Favorite Asian Dramas and Movies on VIU app!

I am a big fan of Asian dramas and movies, there is just this something about their plot and cinematography that is very addicting to watch. I normally watch them on myasiantv and kissasian  but recently I found a more convenient way to watch Asian dramas on smartphone or iPad, just download the Viu app . So Viu is basically a streaming app for Asian movies, series, music, lifestyle, and variety shows from Korea, Japan, Thailand, Hong Kong, China and Taiwan with English and Chinese subtitles. They also have a web page where you can also stream your favorite series. Viu also has this premium monthly subscription program so you can enjoy exclusive privileges. In the Philippines, it costs about 129 pesos and it is billed on my Google Play account. But they actually have a 30-day free-trial for premium so be sure to check it out. You can always cancel your subscription any time you want. Although I do have a premium account on Viu, I am still seeing ads but lesser compar