Skip to main content

Webtoon Favorite: My Top 4 Webtoon for May 2018

Reading webtoon has become my everyday habit. I started reading comics in webtoon just last year and up till now I can't just stop. The first comic that I have ever read in webtoon is unTouchable which is about a vampire girl and a boy with OCD, I got addicted after then and that is why I think I should write this post to recommend some of my favorite webtoons that I did really enjoy reading last month (and till now). Don't worry I won't spoil the stories that much because I know exactly how it feels to know something you're not yet supposed to know. Alright, let this listing get started!


1st: Super Secret

Creator: eon
Genre: Romance
Summary: The boy next door, friends for life, is actually a werewolf!
Status: Ongoing (updates every Wednesday)
Rating: 9.83




First on my list is the Super Secret, a very cute and refreshing love story between a clumsy human girl and a caring werewolf boy. The story is cute, the characters are cutely drawn too, everything about this webtoon is exploding with cuteness and that really captured my heart. I'm not exaggerating this but this webtoon is really good, the humor and romance are well-blended in the story, it's not awkward, some scenes can get really cheesy sometimes but definitely in a good way of cheesiness. If you have a thing for cute romantic stories, then Super Secret is definitely for you to read! 

2nd: Lookism 

Creator: Taejoon Park
Genre: Drama
Summary: A miracle is about to happen to an unattractive loner guy.
Status: Ongoing (updates every Sunday)
Rating: 9.84




The story of Lookism revolves around this "unattractive" high school guy who suddenly woke up in a "perfect" body then started living with two bodies that are the exact opposite of each other. It may seem really impossible in reality to just wake up one day in someone else's body but other than that this webtoon depicts the reality more than any other webtoon that I have read. Why? Well, it talks about bullying, depression, how people nowadays value physical appearance more than anything, the power of money, sexual harassment, underground economy, and other social issues. Although the scenes are quite exaggerated, you can always get and relate to the social issue that the story of its chapter wants to depict and that is why I really like to read this webtoon. So if you're up with this kind of drama, be sre to check Lookism out!


3rd: The Sound of Your Heart 

Creator: Cho Seok
Genre: Comedy
Summary: While it may seem like a mere depiction of everyday life, the Sound of Your Heart is a comedy filled to the brim with wit, sarcasm, and parody. It gives no regard for the probable or realistic - it is a series of absurd situations that is sure to get a laugh out of every reader willing to suspend their sense of reality.
Status: Ongoing (updates every Tuesday and Friday)
Rating: 9.53



Would you believe me if I told you that this webtoon has already more than a thousand of episodes on its original Korean version? Yup, that is how long this webtoon has been running. But to tell you the truth, I became interested in this webtoon not first because of its content but because its creator, Cho Seok, was twice a guest in the Korean variety show "Running Man". But after reading the first episodes, I couldn't stop wanting to read more of it. The scenes are all exaggerated but they are really humorous, like LOL type of humor, I would just find myself chuckling all alone in a corner while scrolling down on my iPad, that is how humorous this comic can be. If you want that kind of humor, never miss out The Sound of Your Heart!


4th: Let's Play 

Creator: Mongie
Genre: Romance
Summary: Sam wants to be a game developer, but before her career can get started, a popular gaming personality posts a video of himself playing her first game and gives it a bad review. To make matter worse, she soon finds out her new neighbor! A story about gaming, memes, and social anxiety. Come for the ploy, stay for the donggo.
Status: Ongoing (updates every Tuesday)
Rating: 9.69




I do really enjoy reading every episode of Let's Play, the story revolves around these computer geeks and even though I'm not really a geek myself (I don't play much computer games), I found it really cute and romantic plus informative because the creator occasionally use computer programming terminologies. I have heard that this webtoon actually came from Discover (the open platform of Webtoon where comic artists could freely submit their masterpiece) which is so awesome. Be sure to check Let's Play if you're up with computer geek romance!



Alright, that is all for this post! Leave a comment below on which webtoon are your favorites! Thanks for reading.





Comments

  1. I love LoVE LOVE Lost in translation You should give it a read!!! it's similar to Lookism but Idols and there is no magical fake body lol

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sutla Flawless Papaya Soap and Lightening Lotion Review

Being born as a Filipino, I inherit from my parents the brown-yellowish skin tone that Malay race has. I am not as dark as chocolate nor as white as milk, I'm just somewhere in between and I am completely fine with it even though other people keep bugging me that I should be whiter to look prettier. It actually really upsets me sometimes that they don't think I can be beautiful just because I am not that white but sadly that's just how things are working right now and I have to go with that flow. But even after all that, I still don't want to become as pale as coupon bond. I don't really dream to have a whiter skin but I just want to have an even skin tone from head to toe. I sweat a lot that's why my armpit and neck area are quite darker than my skin tone. I tried a lot of lightening soaps to even out my skin but they have just actually made it worst. And just when I was about to give up, my sister introduced to me the P15.00   Sutla Flawless Papaya Soap . ...

App Review: Watching My Favorite Asian Dramas and Movies on VIU app!

I am a big fan of Asian dramas and movies, there is just this something about their plot and cinematography that is very addicting to watch. I normally watch them on myasiantv and kissasian  but recently I found a more convenient way to watch Asian dramas on smartphone or iPad, just download the Viu app . So Viu is basically a streaming app for Asian movies, series, music, lifestyle, and variety shows from Korea, Japan, Thailand, Hong Kong, China and Taiwan with English and Chinese subtitles. They also have a web page where you can also stream your favorite series. Viu also has this premium monthly subscription program so you can enjoy exclusive privileges. In the Philippines, it costs about 129 pesos and it is billed on my Google Play account. But they actually have a 30-day free-trial for premium so be sure to check it out. You can always cancel your subscription any time you want. Although I do have a premium account on Viu, I am still seeing ads but lesser co...